EDUglopedia.org is an open and free global encyclopedia for higher education. It
- provides access to educational programs and courses around the world,
- connects people sharing an interest in competences and educational topics, and
- facilitates sharing and reuse of educational resources.
EDUglopedia.org has been developed with the financial support of the University of Liechtenstein. A community effort, each contributor is an important partner in making the movement happen:
Benefits for Institutions
- Promote your programs,
- Find educators and talents,
- Benchmark programs and courses, and
- Support curriculum design and update.
Benefits for Educators
- Share and reuse resources from the community,
- Provide your own resources and experience to the community,
- Promote your personal profile and support your career, and
- Engage with the global education community.
Benefits for Students
- Find institutions and programs,
- Learn about experiences of fellow students,
- Have a voice and rate programs, courses, and resources, and
- Access educational resources from global experts.
Benefits for Researchers
- Have your papers used in classrooms worldwide,
- Connect with students and find talents,
- Connect with fellow reseachers,
- Engage in research seminars, and
- Find resources for skill enhancement.
Benefits for Industry
- Find trainers for professional education,
- Find experts for advisory and consulting,
- Connect with universities and find graduates, and
- Promote your company among young talents.
EDUglopedia.org has been started in 2015 by Jan vom Brocke in the field of Information Systems. It is fast growing in areas of computer education and management, and it is open to contributions from various disciplines.
EDUglopedia.org is a community effort. It is driven and realized by the academic community itself. A team of passionate people is behind it facilitating the platform in cooperation with professional web development experts.
Coordinator for Marketing and Organisation
Institute of Information Systems
2011: Bachelor of Arts in International Business Management at the Hochschule Furtwangen University, HFU Business School, Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
2009 - 2010: Study exchange at the San Francisco State University, USA
2007 - 2011: Bachelor studies in International Business Management (in English) at the Hochschule Furtwangen University, HFU Business School, Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
2006 - 2007: Studies of Law and English at the University of Innsbruck, Austria
2006: Stay abroad at the Takapuna Grammar School in Auckland, New Zealand
2006: High School diploma at the B.O.R.G Dornbirn-Schoren, Austria
Since 2016: Coordinator for Marketing and Organisation at the Institute of Information Systems at the University of Liechtenstein in Vaduz, Liechtenstein
2013 - 2016: PR-/Online-Manager at Bachmann electronic GmbH in Feldkirch, Austria
2011 - 2013: Marketing, Communication and Organisation at Cree GmbH in Bregenz/Dornbirn, Austria
2010 - 2011: Internship in Corporate Communications at Zumtobel Group in Dornbirn, Austria
B.A. Christina Mathis
Any issues, you would like to get instant help or feedback with on EDUglopedia.org?
MSc Isabell Wohlgenannt
Any ideas on how to further improve EDUglopedia.org?
Dr. Markus Weinmann
Any ideas on further developing EDUglopedia.org?
“Programming is not learned in the course of studies; programming is primarily learned by doing it.”
Dr. Stefan Fleischer
Any ideas on the software of EDUglopedia.org?
Looking for collaboration in the field of Data Science ? Text mining, Social Network Analysis, Sensor Data, Logs or anything else... ? Just get in touch.
Any ideas on data analytics and making EDUglopedia.org even smarter?
Jan is Hilti Chair of Business Process Management and Director of the Institute of Information Systems at the University of Liechtenstein. His is Director of the PhD Program in Information Systems, Co-Director of the Master Program in Information Systems at the University of Liechtenstein and he serves as Vice President Education for the Association for Information Systems (AIS). His research has appeared amongst others in MIS Quarterly (MISQ), the Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS), European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS), and Information and Management (I&M). He serves on the editorial review boards of several journals, including the Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS), Business & Information Systems Engineering (BISE), and the Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA). He is author and editor of seminal books, such as the International Handbook on Business Process Management. Jan has taught at a number of universities, including the University of Muenster (Germany), the University of St.Gallen (Switzerland), and the University Colleagues Dublin (Ireland), and he is an active supporter of the AAU IS Ph.D. program at the University of Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Prof. Dr. Jan vom Brocke
Any ideas on EDUglopedia.org? Your feedback is highly appreciated!
University of Liechtenstein