The goal of this term project is to develop a business model and to implement a software application to solve a real world problem of an industry partner in a student development team environment. We offer a project-based class with hands-on experience on applying Scrum, agile software engineering practices as well as design thinking. Students will learn innovative software product design and development that can be directly applied in a term project.
The technology applied may be SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP). The latest openSAP courses give a profound introduction and advanced development practice on HCP. Moreover, state-of-the-art agile software engineering practices will be introduced in parallel as part of the IS 615 lecture. Subsequently, students will develop a real case software application in teams over several development sprints.
Agile software development and design thinking are based on iterative and close customer collaboration. Therefore we provide real 'customers' with whom the students run a design thinking workshop and iteratively develop applications about a topic e.g. Effort Management, Social Media Analytics, Rule-based Intelligent Automation, VIP Visitor Experience, SAP HANA Express for Non-Profit Organizations and Orderpoint Management.
- Understand how to apply design thinking for developing customer-centered applications.
- Improve software engineering skills with industry-leading SAP technology.
- Understand how to apply Scrum and state-of-the-art software engineering methods and tools.
- Understand the difficulties involved in team-based software development.
- Improve the ability to work in teams.