NUI Galway has grown massively in size and reputation over the past 170 years. According to QS World University Rankings, the University is now among the Top 1% in the world, and we are recognised as being one of the best universities for our international outlook.
The MSc in Business Analytics provides students with the skills and knowledge to develop, implement, and manage business analytics within organisations. The programme is designed as a specialist course, which assists students in blending their existing talents with the technological skills and business knowledge needed to use and manage big data and business analytics in modern knowledge-based organisations.
The programme is a taught masters programme and consists of lectures, workshops, guest lectures from industry experts, and hands-on technology tutorials. Modules are assessed via continuous assessment, written assignments, applied projects, and written examinations.
Upon completion of the MSc Business Analytics programme, students will have acquired industry-standard skills and in-depth knowledge to:
1) Understand and apply specific IT which is used in developing business analytics.
2) Analyse and solve business problems using applied data analytics tools and techniques.
3) Evaluate and apply techniques for managing IT in organisations.
4) Identify, analyse and solve applied problems in individual and team-based settings.
5) Apply effective decision making to global business problems.