Overview of important concepts of business intelligence, and the use of analytics, technologies, applications and processes used by organizations to gain data-driven insights. These insights and predictions can be used to aid decision-making and performance management across functional areas, including marketing, operations, and finance. Students will learn to extract and manipulate data, and create reports, scorecards and dashboards, including mobile apps.
By the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Define and understand business intelligence and analytics, scorecards and dashboards
- Learn to use SAP BusinessObjects, SAP Crystal Reports and Dashboards, and SAP HANA in-memory appliance.
- Learn to extract data from various organizational sources such as Data Warehouses, Datamarts, Cubes, Databases, Excel workbooks and others.
- Learn to manipulate data, and create reports, scorecards and dashboards, including mobile apps.
- Develop applications for various functional areas of an organization
- Understand the potential impact of these applications in an organization
- Understand the projected growth of the area of Business Intelligence and Analytics.