Prerequisite: CBIS 2220. This course introduces students to enterprise systems (also called Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP systems) and provides an overview of the managerial and technical issues in planning, designing, implementing, and extending enterprise systems and technologies. The focus of the course is managerial with some technical content and hands-on exercises using ERP software from industry-leaders such as SAP, MicroSoft, IBM and others.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
1. Understand what an ERP system is
2. Gain experience working in an ERP system, specifically SAP
3. Understand integrated business processes
4. Understand criteria for high-quality information, and apply these criteria to evaluate information
5. Use an enterprise system to process key transactions
6. Gain knowledge in various modules supporting integrated business processes
7. Gain knowledge of SAP and various SAP products (including the cloud)
8. Gain knowledge of the competitors and add-on products in the ERP arena.