Prerequisite: CBIS 4120. This courses introduces the implementation and design practices for enterprise performance management (EPM) systems with a focus on dashboards, balanced scorecard, and value-based management. EPM is a management field of Business Performance Management which considers the visibility of operations in a closed-loop model across all facets of the enterprise. Based on the mission and vision of an organization, different strategic needs may drive how EPM domains are leveraged and promoted within an organization. Students will explore the four disciplines that define and cover an EPM process model: strategy formulation, business planning and forecasting, financial management, and supply chain effectiveness.
By the end of this course students should be able to:
1. Understand competitive strategies from leveraging the information technology
2. Understand and be able to communicate fundamental concepts of key performance management theories, systems, matrices, and tools
3. Explain balanced scorecard, value based management, key performance indicators, performance dashboard, etc.
4. Understand business analytics and data visualization
5. Understand the application and impact of data visualization on enterprise mobile strategies and Big Data Analytics
6. Design and implement an effective performance dashboard/scorecard system to support enterprise strategies.