Find Yourself in New Zealand
A semester abroad doesn’t have to keep you from training for your sport. We can help you return to your home team stronger and faster than when you left.
All our Global Student-Athlete (GSA) tracks combine professional coaching and training with one or two semesters of study. We provide male and female athletes from any sport with the resources to improve their stamina and fitness. The conditioning sessions and assessments are scheduled outside your classroom hours so you can keep up with your studies.
Each GSA option is based in the student city of Palmerston North. You will train with the elite sportspeople of the Manawatu region and have opportunities to engage with both professional athletes and New Zealand representatives of your sport. For more information, visit http://massey.ac.nz/gsa
This track gives you the chance to learn from New Zealand instructors who are experts in their areas of specialisation. You will attend weekly training sessions and really get to know your horse as you work with the same one throughout your semester. This track includes:
- Three group riding sessions per week for 12 weeks
- The option to have one private training session per week
- Specialisation in dressage or showjumping
- Transportation between Massey and the equestrian centre
- All necessary equipment for your horse (saddle, bridle, covers, etc.)
- Male and female student-athletes can combine international coaching and training with one or two semesters of overseas study
- The training and conditioning sessions are structured to be available outside your normal classroom hours
- All GSA options are based in the student city of Palmerston North
- You will train with the elite sportspeople of the Manawatu region and have opportunities to engage with both professional athletes and New Zealand representatives of your sport
- You can still get out and explore New Zealand during your weekends and study breaks
- Massey University offers 100 different subject areas across Business, Science, Health, Humanities and Social Sciences, and the Creative Arts. You can select from a range of courses that will credit back to your home institution.
|Presence of students||On-campus|