The digitalization of the society changes the way how we consume, work, live and communicate with each other. Doing so the digital user is the centre of the cognition of interest so that organisations enable their way into digitalisation, the so called digital transformation. Outgoing from the orientation of the digital user and his needs the organisational processes, the propositions in terms of information systems, the digital goods and the services has to be designed so that the needs are fulfilled in the best possible way. This leads to the use of the systems or usage of the offers whereby the target benefit will be reached for the digital user, the company and as well for the society. The target of this course is to acquire the core-competence of the infomation systems for understanding and especially the structure of value added chain which considers actively the background of the people in the digital world and the digitalization of the economy and the society, among others: Understanding and structuring of information systems in business, society and administration in application context. Clarification on the introduction, use and maintenance aspects and its corporate strategy possibilities. Fundamental modelling capabilities as the base for active design of information systems. Design aspects of value added systems among the systematic consideration of business models, digital goods and services against the backdrop of the digital transformation.
- Describe the effects of the digitalization of the society on the everyday life, the company and the information systems.
- Use the house of digital business as a framework for the challenges of the digitalization to enable the digital transformation for companies.
- Describe fundamentally information and communication technologies and classify their part in their digital transformation .
- Model and design information systems from the data and business process perspective and will be able to explain the role of the application systems.
- Describe the IT management from the strategic and functional perspective and to show which part it takes in the digital transformation of a company and which creative aspects can be derived for business models.
- Explain all aspects of the life cycle of information systems and are especially able to differentiate design orientated aspects in the development of information systems.
- Describe which role digital goods and IT based services takes part in a digital society and rate how this contribute to a successful digital transformation and appropriate value systems Describe what “user-, use- and benefit orientation” means in the context of electronical, social and mobile business and judge which implication can be derived for a company in context of a digital Transformation.
|Number of credit hours per week||6|
|Presence of students||On-campus and on-line|