The BSc (IS) program is a business-IT program that focuses on designing and applying the technologies to develop innovative appplication in business settings and using these applications to improve business performance.
- The prgram is about designing, building, deploying and managing software applications that address business challenges and problems
- Students learn through projects
- We have a very strong peer-peer to culture, where students help each other
- Our graduates are highly sought after by major employers and command strong starting salaries
- 100% of our students gain real-world experience through internships and capstone projects
- Advanced Business Technology
- We offer a second major at the school which helps students go deeper into business technology. Within this second major, students have opportunity to specialize in specific areas such as Banking Process and Technology, Enterprise Systems and Solutions, Technopreneurship and Information Security and Assurance.
- Analytics second major is a university-wide second major which is managed by the School of Information Systems, working together with undergraduate programs from other schools in Singapore Management University. Within this second major, students can specialize in specific areas such as Accounting Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Operational Analytics, Urban and Regional Analytics and Advanced Technology for Analytics.
|Presence of students||On-campus|
|Enrollment capacity per term||275|
|Average number of applications per term||275|
|Total number of enrolled students||1200|
This course integrates tools and concepts from across the SIS curriculum to develop a system-level perspective on IT artifacts and solutions. It focuses on the iterative process of design and analysis through which business requirements and solution elements are transformed into implementable architectural descriptions. By combining hands-on design with critical analysis and reflection, the course prepares students to participate effectively in all stages of the life cycle of a software-intensive IT system, from conception and development to deployment and evolution.
This course presents the concepts and methodologies required to execute a methodical approach to translate business process change requirements into clear IT solutions. The course will be mostly based on the INFLUX™ methodology developed by Infosys Technologies Ltd. The course will cover business process modelling and analysis. The course will ensure that the students can smoothly translate enterprise business objectives into an effective IT solution architecture.