This course first outlines the basics of data and business process modelling based on wide-spread approaches such as entityrelationship diagrams, event-driven process chains (EPC), and business process model and notation (BPMN). The remainderof the course then focuses on the use and purpose of integrated information systems across different functional areas inindustrial companies. Finally, basics of management support systems such as business intelligence
systems are addressed.
- Business Process Modelling
- Application Systems in
- Research and Development
- Marketing and Sales
- Procurement and Warehousing
- Shipping and Customer Service
- Finance, Accounting, HR
- Planning and Control Systems
After attending the lecture, exercises and tutorials students are able to:
- model complex business processes based on popular modelling techniques
- discuss the requirements, characteristics and effects of integrated information systems in industrial companies,including complex process interdependencies
- complete basic tasks from different functional areas in a wide-spread integrated information system.