This course aims to:
- Convey the basics of systems analysis and design and how businesses use information systems to support their business processes;
- Provide knowledge and skills about the methods of analyzing and designing systems tailored to business requirements;
- Familiarize students with modelling techniques and the design of solutions for information system using Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Demonstrate the attitude and ability to discover the best practices of modelling in information systems analysis and design, and the interactions between users, customers and managers involved in information systems development projects.
- Devise and model creative and effective system solutions for business problems using Unified Modelling Language.
- Evaluate different types of models of information systems requirements and suggest innovative improvements
- Operate effectively in a collaborative environment and demonstrate skills in team building and project management.
- Communicate and present information effectively in formats adopted for information systems development.