This course aims to:
- Introduce the concepts, tools and techniques of project management and outsourcing. The course will focus on projects in the areas of information technologies and information systems.
- Help students understand the importance of proper project management to the success of a project in a business environment
- Describe the structure of project management and the project life cycle
- Explain the terms, skills, and techniques of project management.
- Understand the needs for the outsourcing of information technology and its process.
- Discover how to apply project management and outsourcing concepts by working on an information technology or information systems group project.
- Apply project management software to help plan and manage a small information technology or information systems project