The course will cover the following topics:
- Overview of IT Governance and Controlling
- IT investment appraisal methods and frameworks
- Enterprise IT programme management
- IT Performance measurement and reporting
- IT project controlling (scope and change management)
- Project network controls
- Support tools and frameworks
- An introduction to CobiT and internal control systems
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- Assess and evaluate the factors that lay behind ITC techniques.
- Appreciate and be able to discuss a range of ITC approaches.
- Conduct IT investment appraisals by acknowledging IT evaluation methods and frameworks.
- Apply theoretical insights to managing and control effective IT programmes and projects.
- Be able to design and conduct IT performance measurement and management.
- Ensure control structure is in place to support IT strategies and goals.
- Acknowledge globally recognized theoretical and practical support frameworks to safeguard IT control objectives.
- Apply a range of transferable skills such as literature search, analytical skills, application of theory to real life situations, teamwork, motivation and interpersonal skills.
|Number of credit hours per week||4|
|Presence of students||On-campus and on-line|