A doctorate or PhD (Promotion) is the essential foundation of any career in the sciences. The PhD is the only degree recognised by the academic community as well as by business and industry throughout the world.
The Hasso Plattner Institute currently has about 120 doctoral candidates working on their PhDs. In order acquire a doctorate at the HPI, doctoral students are required to be registered at the University of Potsdam for the duration of their studies. The language of instruction can be either German or English depending on the student's own preference. The terms of graduation at the Hasso Plattner Institute are subject to the Doctoral Regulations (Promotionsordnung) outlined by the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at the University of Potsdam.
- Information for Foreign Doctoral Students
- Learning beyond your own field of research
- Opportunities for scientific exchange and networking
- Contact to partners in industry
- Work-friendly campus
- Generous scholarships offered through HPI Research School
|Total number of enrolled students||120|