The Master in Multimedia provides specific training to develop both creative and technological skills in order to solve the challenges that the creative and cultural industries face in an increasing competitive and global market.
For this purpose this master program has the following goals:
- To provide solid scientific training, essential to a professional practice in the scientific fields of Communication Sciences, Visual Arts, Economy and Business Administration, Communication Technology, Education Technology and Musical Technology.
- To provide solid professional training that enables the conception, project and development of products, processes and services based on Multimedia Technology, offering the possibility of four main specialization areas: Technology, Arts and Culture, Education, Interactive Music and Sound Design.
- To promote the development of non-technical skills, such as the development of creative skills, team work and leadership.
- To promote the acquisition of an entrepreneurship attitude, risk evaluation and creative opportunity recognition and exploitation.
This master programme is promoted by the five faculties and is organised according to the Bologna Process Agreements, taking into account both its global aims and pedagogical modifications.
It provides specific training for a broad set of backgrounds in four specializations:
- Arts and Culture: Provides skills to understand the articulations of contemporary media, information technology and design for cultural and artistic production, recognizing areas of opportunity for the development of new practices, methods or media.
- Education: Provides skills to understand information technology and design for the production of multimedia materials for use in educational contexts and the use of advanced means of communication for the promotion of learning communities.
- Interactive Music and Sound Design: Provides skills to develop advanced work in the area of interactive musical systems, including design, creation, and operation of these systems in various application contexts, including (but not limited to) games, interactive installations and other applications. Develops the ability to develop advanced work in the area of sound design for film or other audio-visual solutions, as well as digital games.
- Technologies: Provides skills to design and implement systems and multimedia applications and to innovate in the design of new products, processes and services based on emerging technologies.
This master programme also aims to develop skills in media, strengthening not only students’ acquired knowledge during their first-cycle of studies, but also the discussion of different knowledge between multidisciplinary teams, which are constituted in the course units and workshops.
Taking part of a master programme with this configuration is the most adequate choice regarding the development of dissertations, specialization and research of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary projects, since the teaching staff is composed by professors of the five faculties.
|Presence of students||On-campus|