The main objective of the Masters in DEE is to strengthen knowledge in the fields of operational research and statistical analysis for decision-making (Management).
The main objective of the Masters in MQDEE is to strengthen knowledge in the fields of operational research and statistical analysis for decision-making (Management). It especially aims to equip professionals with:
- The necessary knowledge for the treatment, analysis, and interpretation of data of the most diverse nature;
- An education in the use of specific software in the abovementioned areas;
- The ability to formulate and solve real-life problems;
- The ability to carry out, assessment, advisory, and decision support tasks for issues of economic, technical, and social relevance, with a high degree of technical competence.
This Masters also provides the platform for carrying on studies into the 3 rd Cycle, leading to a PhD.
Recent graduates of Bachelors degrees in Management, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or those who already have a degree and are in work, and who want to develop skills to technically support economic decision-making in companies and universities.
Planning departments in public or private companies or other organisations, such as:
- Banking and Insurance;
- Auditing and consulting;
- Logistics and Communication;
- International economic and financial organisations;
- Industry, such as in the Petrochemical and Energy sectors;
- Health and Education.
- During the First Year, lectures take place during normal hours, three mornings a week;
- During the Second Year, First Semester, lectures are taught after-hours, two times a week;
- During the Second Year, Second Semester students must develop the Final Master Work.
Carlos J. Costa is Associate Professor of Information Systems and Operation Management at ISEG (Lisbon School of Economics and Management), University of Lisbon, since September 2017. Carlos is a member of IEEE and ACM. He is also memeber of the board of EuroSIGDOC / ACM. He was conference and program chair of conferences sponsored by ACM and EuroSIGDOC / ACM. Carlos holds a PhD in Information Sciences and Technologies in the field of Information Systems and Databases from ISCTE. He holds a Master's degree in Management Sciences from the same university and a degree from A.G.E. by the Portuguese Catholic University. His research interests include Information Systems Theory, especially in the area of adoption of Information Systems, ERP and Open Source.