The MSITM program combines technological and managerial components to train graduates who can deal effectively with the variety and complexity of issues involved in applying information technology (IT) successfully within organizations. The curriculum provides state-of-the-art exposure to both IT and management practices. In addition to technology and business studies, all students will be required to demonstrate acceptable competence in communication and presentation skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and problem-solving capabilities.
The MSITM program is open to students with diverse undergraduate backgrounds. The length of the program varies based on the number of hours a student takes per semester. You will find a flexible and dynamic curriculum that facilitates students achieving their individual career objectives.
- MS in Information Technology and Management
- The Master of Science in Information Technology and Management is open to students with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Our admissions decisions are based upon your work experience, academic credentials, personal statement, and letters of recommendation. Application Period ■Fall: July 1 | Spring: November 1 | Summer: April 1 (limited) ■International Students – Fall: May 15 | Spring: September 15 | Summer: February 15 (limited) General Admission Requirements ■GMAT or GRE (taken within last 5 years) ■TOEFL for non-natives (taken within last 2 years) ■TSE for non-natives ***GMAT/GRE waivers available. For more information, please click here*** Documents to be Submitted for Admission ■Completed Graduate School Application and $60 application fee ■Official transcripts ■Test scores ■Statement of purpose (1 page, single spaced), which should include your personal goals, IT knowledge, and work experience ■Three letters of recommendation ■Resume (optional but encouraged)
- MSITM with Business Analytics Concentration
- The concentration in Business Analytics allows students admitted to the MSITM program who are interested in advancing their understanding of Analytics and its application in the business environment focus on this area while obtaining a full Master of Science degree. This online program is designed to provide you with state-of-the-art knowledge and skills in Business Analytics. Upon completion of this program you will be prepared for the challenges of developing and managing an information system within an organization as well as analyzing large amounts of data to identify how it can be used to greater enhance and benefit the organization. Admission Requirements ■Official transcript confirming a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university ■GMAT or GRE score taken within the last 5 years ■TOEFL scores, taken within last 2 years (for international applicants) ■Statement of purpose highlighting career and educational goals ■Resume ■Three letters of recommendation ■Completed Graduate School application and $60 application fee Application Deadlines ■Fall: July 1 | Spring: November 1 | Summer: April 1 (limited) ■International Students – Fall: May 15 | Spring: September 15 | Summer: February 15 (limited)
- Accelerated Degree Program B.S. to MSITM
- Qualified UNCG undergraduate students who are pursuing the B.S. degree in Information Systems may apply for admission to the Accelerated Degree Program. A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5 based on at least 30 hours earned at UNCG is required. Applicants must have completed at least 60 semester credits and may not apply for admission to the ADP before the first semester of the junior year. Applicants will not be required to take the GMAT/GRE test. All applicants must submit the Request for Accelerated Degree Program to The Graduate School and must simultaneously apply for admission to the graduate degree program. Admitted students may apply up to 12 credit hours of the following courses toward completion of both the undergraduate and graduate degree, provided that they earn a grade of “B” (3.0) or better in each course and fulfill graduate-level requirements of the course.