The Master of Science in Information Technology and Management (MS ITM) is a 36 semester credit hours STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree program (18-24 months) that prepares students to better understand the complex world of Information Technology, its management and issues that occur at the interface between IT and business.
Course requirements consist of core courses, IT elective courses, and free elective courses. Core courses provide foundational knowledge regarding information technology and management practices, IT elective courses provide students with opportunities to learn specialized knowledge in one or more focused tracks, and free elective courses enable students to select courses that maximize their individual educational and professional goals.
- No. 17 U.S. News & World Report
- 88% of Graduates Employed within 180 Days of Graduation
- No. 13 Eduniversal
- No. 10 College Choice: Best Online MIS Master's
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- The Business Intelligence and Analytics track is recommended for students interested in managing large-scale data and analyzing them to develop sound business strategies. Students completing OPRE 6301, MIS 6324, MIS 6334, and MIS 6309 with a 3.0 average will receive the SAS-UTD Graduate Certificate in Data Mining and Business Intelligence.
- Cyber Security Management
- The Cyber Security Management track is recommended for students interested in cyber security risk management. These students are advised to obtain certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, and Comp TIA Security+.
- Enterprise Systems
- The Enterprise Systems track is recommended for students interested in developing and managing large-scale applications and IT infrastructure. The students are advised to obtain SAP certifications.
- Healthcare Systems
- The Healthcare Systems track is recommended for students interested in managing IT in the healthcare domain.
- IT Consulting and Services Management
- The IT Consulting and Services Management track is recommended for students interested in IT consulting and project management. These students are advised to obtain certifications in TOGAF and ITIL.
|Schedule||Part-time and full-time|
|Presence of students||On-campus and on-line|
|Enrollment capacity per term||350|
|Average number of applications per term||1200|
|Total number of enrolled students||1050|