National Expedition and Internship
Most summer study abroad programmes are based in a classroom. Not ours. You will travel through some of the planet’s most spectacular scenery, intern with a foreign organisation, and see parts of New Zealand open only to locals, all while earning 6-8 U.S. semester credits over your summer break.
The international experience you gain over these six weeks will make an impressive difference in your resume or graduate school application. Massey University's programme, which is unlike any other in New Zealand, combines a two-week national expedition with a four-week internship.
Explore New Zealand Scholarships
Massey University offers scholarships to make your summer adventure even more affordable. Information about the scholarships, itineraries, internship placements, and more is available at http://massey.ac.nz/explorenz
Communication and Marketing
This track focuses on Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, and Communication, and other closely related subject areas.
Your expedition will take you across both Islands to delve into how successful the brands and images of the tourism industry are at capturing people’s attention. Our academic staff will afford you an insider’s view of these organisations, the country, and its culture as you traverse New Zealand. Stops along your trek will involve visiting iconic Kiwi locations. You will explore New Zealand’s adventure capital, alpine towns and glaciers, historic settlements, and the country’s geothermal playground.
Interns will be placed in a range of organisations across Wellington, a capital city renowned for its arts and culture. These organisations will provide you with rich insights into the diverse character of the Wellington community. Your work will benefit the host and the communities they serve, as well as providing you with achievements that will bolster your resume or graduate school application when you return home. All of you will live and cook together in the same backpacker-style hostel in Wellington.
Massey University has strong relationships with many types of internship host organisations.
- Children’s cancer support
- Community arts agencies
- Creative company start-up hosts
- Food rescue and redistribution
- Government embassies
- International trade aid organisations
- Small business economic development agencies
- Sports agencies
- Support for people with disabilities
- Tourism companies
- Zoo and animal rescue organisations
- Travel through some of the planet’s most spectacular scenery for two weeks
- Invest four weeks in a foreign internship relevant to your academic and career goals
- Transfer half a semester of credit back to your home institution
- Study abroad during your summer break
- Work alongside of Kiwis and see parts of New Zealand open only to locals
- Media Studies
- Public Relations
|Enrollment capacity per term||30|