The University of Texas at Dallas is a rising research powerhouse with eight schools and more than 140 academic degrees including top-ranked programs in business, engineering, science, audiology and arts and technology. The campus community is enriched by a commitment to the arts, service learning opportunities and an athletics program with new esports teams. UTD students, faculty, staff and alumni continue to rise to new challenges, proving that Comets shine bright.
Rankings and Achievements
- Carnegie Commission on Higher Education designated UT Dallas as an “R1” doctoral-granting university of the highest research activity
- Faculty includes a Nobel laureate as well as members of the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Engineering
- Number four fastest-growing public doctoral university in the country according to The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Number two ranked among the top universities in the United States less than 50 years old by Times Higher Education
- Seven years named a Best Value College by The Princeton Review
- 67 percent of UT Dallas seniors graduated with no student debt in 2017 as compared to Texas at 45% and the U.S. average of 35%
- 544 National Merit Scholars enrolled, including 172 freshmen in Fall 2018
- More than one billion dollars in development and 4 million new or renovated square feet have been added in the past decade
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Systems (BS ITS) is a 120 credit-hour science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) degree program that provides students with a solid foundation in business and information technology. The Information Technology degree focuses on addressing business challenges and creating new opportunities with technology. ITS students will gain the necessary skills to solve business challenges using information technology while also creating new opportunities with technology.
The program features a series of core information technology courses designed to provide a solid foundation in the design and delivery of IT in business processes across many industries. Students specialize in a particular area of information technology by taking guided elective courses. A capstone course in the program allows students to apply their knowledge to solve real-world business problems.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MS BUAN) is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree program (18-24 months) at the Naveen Jindal School of Management that provides students with a broad foundation in Business Analytics and Data Science. The program prepares students for jobs in Data Science, Big Data, Analytics and Business Intelligence. The core courses are designed to provide the foundation of tools and techniques to be used in the analytics domain whereas the electives allow for business application of the core techniques in accounting, finance, marketing, healthcare, cybersecurity, social media, and operations.
The Master of Science in Information Technology and Management (MS ITM) is a 36 semester credit hours STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree program (18-24 months) that prepares students to better understand the complex world of Information Technology, its management and issues that occur at the interface between IT and business.
Course requirements consist of core courses, IT elective courses, and free elective courses. Core courses provide foundational knowledge regarding information technology and management practices, IT elective courses provide students with opportunities to learn specialized knowledge in one or more focused tracks, and free elective courses enable students to select courses that maximize their individual educational and professional goals.