AIS Global IS Education Report 2019/2020
The Association for Information Systems (AIS) intends to publish an Annual Global IS Education Report for 2019/2020 and to disseminate this report to relevant stakeholders via different channels, including prospective students, industry partners, and governmental institutions.
The AIS Global IS Education Report
- lists all IS educational programs by region,
- includes each institution’s profile,
- lists the courses per program,
- provides links, and contact persons for each program, and
- provides a section of basic descriptive statistics for each program.
The AIS Global IS Education Report 2019/2020 will be published electronically and disseminated via the AIS Website. It will be the official resource on IS Education released by the AIS.
The report will also be made available via Social Media to a wide range of decision makers from industry, politics and society.
In addition, SpringerNature will publish a hard copy of the report in order to further extend the outreach of the AIS Global IS Education Report 2019/20.
You can update your data and add new data using the following links:
- Check your existing programs: https://eduglopedia.org/browse/?et=program&dist=0
- Add new programs: https://eduglopedia.org/program/new
The data is stored on the EDUglopedia platform — the AIS Online Platform for IS Educational programs — which already contains roughly 3,200 courses in more than 950 programs offered by 540 institutions in more than 60 countries. The report will provide a comprehensive account of the programs included in the database by May 30. Institutions may also provide information about planned study program(s) for 2020.
An editorial team will evaluate the data provided by each institution and decide whether or not a program will be included in the report. All programs that will fulfil the following criteria will be included: (a) the program is offered by an academic higher education institution, (b) the data is complete in that it provides an institutional profile, a program profile, and course descriptions.
To be included in the AIS Global IS Education Report 2019/2020, the following information needs to be provided by your institution:
- Cover photo
Further, we are only able to include institutions that have registered at least one program with:
- 30.06.2019: Data submitted to EDUglopedia.org
- 15.07.2019: Feedback to the institutions based on review of data
- 15.08.2019: Proofs of the Global IS Education Report 2019/2020 to institutions
- 31.08.2019: Feedback to the editors
- 31.10.2019: Production and publication of report
To give you an example on how institutions, programs, and courses can be presented at EDUglopedia.org, please see the following link:
Editors (in alphabetical order)
- Jan vom Brocke, University of Liechtenstein
- Bernard Tan, National University of Singapore
- Heikki Topi, Bentley University
- Markus Weinmann, University of Liechtenstein
Editorial Board (in alphabetical order)
- Salehu Anteneh, Addis Abeba University
- Elizabeth White Baker, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Geoffrey Dick, North Georgia College and State University
- Mary Granger, George Washington University
- Eija Karsten, Abo Akademi Handelshögskolan
- George Kasper, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Ting-Peng Liang, National Sun Yat-Sen University
- Joe Nandhakumar, Warwick Business School
- Matti Rossi, Aalto University School of Economics
- Venky Shankararaman, Singapore Management University
- Ravi Seethamraju, University of Sydney
- Rhonda Syler, University of Arkansas
- Te-Wie Wang, University of Illinois at Springfield