It's times like these that challenge us to thrive. DeVry University is proud to say we've been helping students pursue their goals with online education for the last 20 years of our 85-year history. Now as always, our students' needs have been our focus, and we've delivered two decades of online classes to serve those needs. Choosing an experienced online college is your opportunity to develop skills that can help you build your best future. Ready to thrive? Pursue an online degree or certificate program and discover where your education can take you.
LEARN TO BUILD SOFTWARE AND APPS.
Today’s tech-infused world is constantly evolving, and a vital part of that process is software development. An online Bachelor’s Degree with a Specialization in Software Design and Programming from DeVry University will take you deep into the world of software development so you can learn about the design and creation of new applications and software packages. Our program is anchored with Tech Core. The Tech Core curriculum is designed to teach you relevant skills in operating systems, programming, hardware, connectivity and security.
GET TO KNOW OUR SOFTWARE DESIGN AND PROGRAMMING DEGREE SPECIALIZATION.
Our online Bachelor’s Degree with a Specialization in Software Design and Programming will help you develop the skills needed to build and maintain software products that align with customer design specifications. Programming languages are essential in this field, and our experienced professors will teach you methods for building and testing in a variety of operating systems. You’ll also learn about web architecture and database structures to store and share software.
Choose to specialize in Software Design and Programming when you earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
The Software Design and Programming Specialization covers the following:
- APPLICATIONS AND ALGORITHMS: Learn the principles and concepts of developing programs and algorithms that support typical business processing activities and needs such as transaction processing, report generation and solving algorithmic problems.
- ADVANCED PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUES FOR APP DEVELOPMENT: Study programming language concepts and design principles of programming paradigms as related to mobile operating systems for application development.
- COMMUNICATE METHODS AND FINDINGS: Learn to communicate the rationale behind research methods and recommendations while presenting performance objectives, issues and solutions.
- ADVANCED STRATEGIES FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT: Explore best practices in the implementation phase of the software development life cycle (SDLC). Using UML/OOAD, learn to program, test and implement a product that meets approved specifications.
- COMPLEX PROBLEM SOLVING: Apply critical and analytical thinking to identify complex problems, evaluate options and implement solutions.