The Faculty of Applied Science (APSC) oversees administrative procedures for the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, the School of Community and Regional Planning, the School of Nursing, and all engineering activities at the Vancouver campus and the UBC Okanagan School of Engineering.APSC at a glance
- 5,714 undergraduate students
- 1,767 graduate students
- 320 faculty and 365 staff
- 30,000 alumni
- $46 million annual research funding
- $8 million annual industry funding
- 106 spin-off companies
- 1,975 annual co-op work terms in 16 countries
Our core purpose is to create and apply knowledge and to educate globally responsible professionals empowered to effect enduring, positive change for society.Strategic Planning
The Faculty of Applied Science is involved with a number of projects and planning activities intended to continuously improve the learning, research and professional practice experiences of those involved with the Faculty. These activities are complementary to UBC's Place and Promise, and thus align our long-term goals with those of the university and business communities.
As a student in one of our professional programs, you’ll learn from experts while deepening your technical skills, enhancing your leadership abilities and connecting with a network of like-minded professionals.
It’s a winning combination that will enable you to advance your career. UBC Applied Science offers the following professional programs:
- The Master of Health Leadership and Policy is a one-year program for health care professionals interested in strengthening their technical and leadership skills. Programs are available in Clinical Education and Seniors Care.
- The Master of Engineering Leadership is a one-year program for engineers and other technical professionals who want to deepen their sector-specific technical skills and build their leadership skills. Programs are currently available in: Advanced Materials Manufacturing, Clean Energy Engineering, Dependable Software Systems, High Performance Buildings, Integrated Water Management, Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, and Urban Systems.
These intensive programs are for practicing professionals eager to excel in their careers, broaden their technical perspectives and deepen their business and leadership skills.
YOU’RE READY FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHANGE – TO TAKE YOUR CAREER IN NEW DIRECTIONS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR INDUSTRY.
A professional master’s degree from UBC Faculty of Applied Science is a strategic investment in your future. Our innovative hybrid graduate degrees enable practising professionals to upgrade their technical knowledge through UBC Faculty of Applied Science courses while gaining fundamental business and management skills through UBC Sauder School of Business courses. Leadership development is embedded throughout the program, and you’ll graduate as a more effective communicator and leader.
Whether you are an emerging leader, seasoned executive or considering a shift to a new industry, our 12-month professional programs give you the technical and business skills you need to advance your career and confidently move into positions of leadership and increased responsibility.
We offer two uniquely innovative master’s degree programs: the Master of Engineering Leadership (MEL) for engineers and other technical professionals and the Master of Health Leadership and Policy (MHLP) for health-care professionals.
Take a bold approach to graduate education and become a leader in your field.