More content coming soon ...
The Department of Information Systems was founded in 1990 as part of the Münster School of Business and Economics (MSBE). More than 175 persons work at the department; there are seven professors, about 75 staff members and about 100 student assistants. Modern hardware and software facilities are available. The department is responsible for the Wirtschaftsinformatik bachelor program and the Information Systems master program, which is taught in English. Every year up to 100 students finish their studies to work in different sectors as consultants, software project managers, information managers, information system and organization designers etc. In application oriented research and development projects we connect business concepts with modern information and communication techniques to obtain holistic solutions. In cooperation with companies and associations we implement research results. The department provides consulting in designing of operational IT application and process organization.
The department consist of the following groups (external links):
- Chair for Information Systems and Information Management (Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Dr. h.c. Jörg Becker)
- Chair for Information Systems and Supply Chain Management (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernd Hellingrath)
- Interorganisational Systems Group (IOS) (Prof. Dr. Stefan Klein)
- Practical Computer Science (Prof. Dr. Herbert Kuchen)
- Information Systems and Statistics (Prof. Dr. Heike Trautmann)
- Databases and Information Systems Group (Prof. Dr. Gottfried Vossen)
- Quantitative Methods for Logistics (Prof. Dr. Stephan Meisel)
- IT Security (Prof. Dr. Mathias Fischer)